How Does a Chemical-Free FOC Sulphur Filter Work?
Have that horrible rotten egg smell in your water? These FOC Sulphur and Iron Removal systems are totally chemical-free and they don’t have any filter cartridges to change either. They just use air to oxidize the sulphur from your water!
Do you have that horrible rotten egg smell in your water? That nasty smell is sulphur and you'll notice it when the sulphur in your water comes out of your faucet and hits the air.
There are different types of water treatment systems that can help to remove sulphur from your water using chemicals and chemical-free options. Today we're going to talk about chemical-free units.
WHAT ARE FOC SULPHUR & IRON REMOVAL SYSTEMS?
Here's how the chemical-free water treatment process works:
- FOC systems draw air through its air intake in its advanced electronic control valve to form an air cap within the top of the media tank.
- In everyday use, water is sprayed through the air cap to begin oxidizing the sulphur out of the water.
- The media traps any oxidized iron and holds it in place while the water flows into and up the riser tube to the whole house or cottage.
- Every three days the air over media filter automatically reverses the flow and backwashes all of the media flushing the iron, dirt and sediment from the media and into the drain.
- Then the air cap is rebuilt by sucking water through the injector before the filter is put back into service to continue to oxidize and remove sulphur from your water.
- This whole process usually takes about 45 minutes to complete.
The FOC Sulphur and Iron Removal system works fine at removing up to 1 ppm of iron and 4 ppm of sulphur with a ph at least 6.5. There are no filters to change or chemicals added to your water, so it's super low maintenance.
A fully automatic FOC system is perfect if you want to solve your sulphur/iron problem with the least amount of on-going expense. It features a power cell backup to retain settings and time during power interruptions. And choosing a chemical-free system like this is much friendlier on your septic system, too!
Need help determining the best water treatment solutions for you and your family? Give Water Store Midland a call today at 705-527-5900 or book your free in-home water analysis online via the link below.
To continue to learn more about the maintenance, winterization and installation of these chemical-free iron and sulphur systems and check out the different types available, go to my next video here and I’ll see you there!
How to Replace Your Water Softener Resin or Media
Leave a Comment
Comments must be approved before appearing