Water Softener Benefits
Water Softener Benefits The list of benefits of having a Water Softener system installed in your home or cottage is extensive but, before we get to that, what exactly is a Water Softener? It’s pretty simple actually. A Water Softener converts hard water into soft water by removing minerals such as magnesium and calciu
Water Softener Benefits
The list of benefits of having a Water Softener system installed in your home or cottage is extensive but, before we get to that, what exactly is a Water Softener? It’s pretty simple actually. A Water Softener converts hard water into soft water by removing minerals such as magnesium and calcium. These minerals can cause many problems for the plumbing in your home and leave a nasty residue on dishes, clothing and your skin. Now that you have the basic information as to what a Water Softener does, let’s have a look at the many benefits it offers.
With the costs of most things steadily rising, who doesn’t like to save money? Installing a Water Softener in your home or cottage will bring you savings in many ways.
- Use less detergent in your washing machine and dishwasher
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and soap consumption will be reduced
- Extend the lifespan of any appliances, fixtures and faucets that use softened water
- Clothing will last longer, as minerals in hard water break down the fibers in the material
- Monthly heating, water and electric bills will be reduced
- Your families plumbing system will last longer and will be less likely to develop clogs and scale buildup from hard water
If you have never used soft water before, you will notice some differences. Just a few things right off the bat:
- Your skin will feel cleaner and your hair will look shinier
- Cleaner dishes. Silverware will sparkle and glassware will no longer have water spots on them
- Clothing will look brighter and feel softer
- Cleaning your house becomes much easier as there will no longer be a build-up of soap scum and film to worry about
Extensive studies have been performed by the Water Quality Research Foundation outlining each of the above-mentioned benefits. Check out our blog from June 2014 that goes into great depth, giving you exact stats on instances when hard water was put to the test against soft water.
If installing a Water Softener is something that you are interested in exploring, talk with an expert who can give you more information and test your home or cottages current water. They’ll provide you with a plan and have you on your way to enjoying all the benefits of soft water!
Home of Gary the Water Guy! Gary has been fixing families’ water since January 2003 and is experienced in all aspects of water treatment. Gary has earned the Certified Water Specialist (CWS-I) and Certified Installer (CI) designations from the Water Quality Association. For more information visit our Water Store Website. Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel!
What's the difference between Reverse Osmosis RO and Ultraviolet Disinfection UV Systems?
Leave a Comment
Comments must be approved before appearing